Till the soil, discern & shape the vision
Are you called to start a new progressive church? This course is a five-week online class led by of the country’s leading experts in the field. Rev. Sara Wilcox, founding co-pastor of Land of the Sky UCC, will facilitate your journey of discernment and vision-casting with special guests Rev. Cameron Trimble (CEO of CPR) and Doug Pagitt (founding pastor of Solomon’s Porch).
There is an initial live session on Monday, March 6, 2017 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Information on how to sign in to the webinar is available in the classroom. You will receive an invitation to the classroom after registration has closed. After the first session, you can work through the course at your own pace, or stay on pace with the optional office hours for each module.
- Church Planting Opening Session (Required) // Mon, Mar 6 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
- Church Planting Module 1 Office Hours (Optional) // Tue, Mar 14, 2017 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
- Church Planting Module 2 Office Hours (Optional) // Mon, Mar 27, 2017 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
- Church Planting Module 3 Office Hours (Optional) // Wed, Apr 12, 2017 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
- Church Planting Module 4 Office Hours (Optional) // Thu, Apr 27, 2017 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Church Planting Module 5 Office Hours (Optional) // Wed, May 10, 2017 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
- Gain a comprehensive overview in progressive church planting.
- Identify important leadership skills.
- Gain invaluable information regarding networking, fund raising and stewardship.
- Identify specific mission field and access critical demographic resources.
- Engage in useful dialogue with other class participants on many relevant subjects.
- Receive critical, constructive critique of current ministry plan.
$299 for the full course, including live initial session and office hours
Whether you are thinking about planting a church or have already planted, this course is designed for you.
The course utilizes the online classroom combining live webinars, recorded lectures, reading, student discussion and interaction, assignments, and a chance to meet with the instructor for online office hours. There are five different topics covered in the course, allowing students to spend 2 weeks working through the material.
We will provide you with a digital copy of your textbook at the beginning of the course.
How much time will I spend engaged in this course?
This course is designed to expose you to variety of perspectives and learnings, and to equip you with an extensive number of resources. Many students spend between 4-8 hours per module (students spend 2 weeks in each modules).
I’m not great with technology. Is training available?
Technology training videos are available and a staff member is available to students who need further training.
For any additional questions, please email Rev. Jim Keat at email@example.com.