The Center for Progressive Renewal (CPR) team assembled an unprecedented portfolio of leadership and church development resources that includes:
- A proven process for assessing, recruiting, training and coaching church leaders, with more than 3,500 people engaged in the process.
- A team of the nation’s best leadership and church development consultants, coaches and trainers dedicated to working with conferences and congregations across all denominations.
- An online learning center offering seminary course work, workshops and more than two dozen webinars.
- An innovative business management and executive skills program to equip church leaders with critical business skills.
- A national database of more than 10,000 prospective church leaders representing more than 20 denominations.
- The sixth annual National Church Leadership Institute, offering training to a record-breaking audience of church planters and renewal specialists.
We began our work in 2010 by establishing a solid foundation by developing the infrastructure, systems and programming needed to effectively recruit, train and coach church leaders and teaching them the skills to plant and renew churches. Today we have expanded nationally, partnering with seminaries and universities, developing innovative ways to train and equip church leaders.
This has been an amazing few years. The work has been rewarding, challenging and, at times, overwhelming. With a great, diverse and gifted board and staff, we are excited about what we will be able to do.
Thank you for the privilege to do this ministry.
The mission of The Center for Progressive Renewal is to renew Christianity by training new entrepreneurial leaders, supporting the birth of new congregations, and by renewing and strengthening existing churches.
The name Progressive Renewal is the articulation of a vision that our organization exists to service the progressive church in a systematic/progressive way. We understand Progressive Christianity as a faith that believes God’s family includes all people; God’s people are responsible for caring for the environment, the poor, sick and vulnerable; that education, health care and civil liberties are vital to abundant life and therefore the desire of God for all people; and that truth is found more often in honest grappling with the questions than in absolute hierarchical pronouncement of the answers. We further believe that this is the type of faith for which millions of Americans hunger.